David Pastore was chosen as the first “Member Spotlight” profile because this new feature was Dave’s idea to find a way to get to know each other a little better and share some fun facts. All members in good standing are eligible to be spotlighted, and will be nominated by their committees. We hope to have a new member every week!
An active and committed volunteer, Dave has been a member of PSGCNJ’s Marketing Committee since April 2011, where he has served as committee Co-Chair; Managing Editor for several issues of “Transition to Success” (PSGCNJ’s newsletter); author of many newsletter articles; and creator of various PSGCNJ marketing pieces. He serves as back-up moderator for the Monday morning general membership meetings and regularly attends PSGCNJ social events including the Alumni nights and picnics.
- Name: David Pastore
- Resides: Mountainside, NJ
- Interests: Current events, Golf; Jets – Mets – Nets – Knicks – Devils – Rangers
- Favorite Musician or Artist: Bruce Springsteen
- Favorite Restaurant: Reservoir Tavern, Boonton, NJ
- Favorite Quote: “Yesterday is but a dream, tomorrow but a vision. But today well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well, therefore, to this day” Indian proverb
- Fun Fact: Earned a private pilot’s license when I was in college
- Profession: Marketing/Advertising/Media Sales
- Special Skills: Driving ad revenue into newspapers, magazines and their digital products
- Last Employer: ImpreMedia (owns Spanish-language newspapers and websites)
- Seeking: Marketing Director/advertising sales positions in the publishing/media industry
- Three Target Companies: Hearst, New York Times, Time, Inc.
- PSGCNJ Committee/Title: Marketing – Writing Contributor, Moderator
- LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davepastore
Check back every Monday to see who will be next to be spotlighted!